A Place to Shine Music - Studio Policies
PAYMENT FOR LESSONS/CLASSES/WORSHOPS
Payment must accompany registration for classes. Individual coaching services must be paid in advance or at the time of the session.
LESSON POLICIES: You may purchase single lessons or buy packages in advance and receive a discount. You can schedule them anytime that works for your schedule. Lessons can be scheduled using the online booking system or by calling Cassandra at 847-507-1352. Lesson packages must be used within the time indicated below for each package based on the purchase date, after which they expire and any remaining lessons are forfeited. No refunds for unused lessons after the deadline and no exceptions. You may discontinue voice lessons at any time, but you must give your teacher 2 weeks notice to plan for the change.
Single Lessons or Discount Lesson Packages
6 Lesson Packages -Must be used within 12 weeks of purchase date.
8 Lesson Packages-Must be used within 16 weeks of purchase date.
12 Lessons Packages-Must be used within 24 weeks of purchase.
MISSED LESSONS: A minimum 24 hour notice is required for cancellations of any kind in order for there to be a make-up lesson offered. If we are not notified 24 hours in advance, the student will be charged for the lesson, no exceptions. We must be notified by the student, parent or guardian. It is expected that students will make-up any cancelled lessons. If you are ill the day of a lesson, we require notice no later than 8:00am the day of a lesson or you will be charged. Extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis and are for emergencies only.
No refunds once your class is reserved. If you are unable to attend a class and contact us within 24 hours of the class time, you will receive a credit towards a future class. If you do not give 24 hours notice your class fee will be forfeited.
Make-ups for a missed class with notice given within the 24 hour grace period must be used within 6 months or your class fee will be forfeited.
3. CANCELLED CLASSES: A Place to Shine Music reserves the right to cancel group classes or workshops if the enrollment does not meet the required minimum number of students. In the event a class is cancelled, the parent/student will be issued a refund or credit towards a future class. If you pay online, you will receive a full refund or credit. Your check will not be deposited until the class minimum is met.
5. AVAILABILITY: All lessons are scheduled based on instructor availability.
6. TARDINESS: If a student is going to be late for a scheduled lesson, please notify the teacher. No extra time will be given for a late arrival and the lesson will end at the scheduled end time.
7. LIABILITY: Upon the receipt of tuition payment, students, parents or legal guardians agree that A Place to Shine Music shall in no manner be liable for any accident, injury, loss, theft, or damage which may be sustained on the premises or at offsite classes/events in conjunction with any studio-related activity or function.
8. MARKETING: A Place to Shine Music may take photographs at various events and use them to market future programs (posted on our website). If you would prefer that we NOT use your photograph, please contact us and we will make every effort not to use your likeness.